Wednesday 24 September 2008

Luck Changes

I have been exceptionally busy over the past couple of days and forgot to blog, and was just about to log off for the night and go to bed, (got absolutely no sleep last night, done something to my shoulder about a week ago and am in agony) and blogger caught my eye, so I thought I'd tell you my good news!

My car went in for it's yearly service and MOT yesturday, always a pain, not having a car, even for a short while. They phoned me in the afternoon to explain that as the MOT machinery (?) in their Woodley branch wasn't working they had taken my car to be tested at their Wargrave branch. They didn't have time to service it, but had tested it, and it passed! Hurrah! So instead of paying out around £200 (there goes my birthday money) I only had to pay £50. The down side is that as I didn't actually service it last year either, I would be really stupid not to get a service done this year, but was actually advised by John who works there (all round nice guy and neighbour) that I didn't need to have a platinum service (reeeeeally expensive one that I was booked in to have) and that a gold service (seriously cheaper, but not the cheapest) would be ok as long as I got an oil change.

So, you know what this means don't you??? Well, it meant that at my Pampered Chef party that I had last night I could actually think about buying something nice, and not just sticking to what I could get free with my points, and that quiz night on Friday will be nicer with a pint, and on Sunday when I go to the Ally Pally with Mel's mum then I might be able to splash out and get something interesting! Wehay! The world isn't all bad.

No comments: