Saturday 20 September 2008

Starting Out

So this is my first blog on my new page! I do have a blog on here somewhere, but it's been some time since I accessed it, and I can't remember what it was called, or the password or whatever so it seems it's gone forever!

So now what do I write? This is kind of off the top of my head, so hopefully all my meanderings will make sense, and if they don't I'm sure you'll let me know.

We get paid on Monday, so at the moment we are exceptionally skint. I would be searching under the sofa cushions only I know there's no money under there as I looked last week. I got my bank statement today which informed me that I am £200 over my overdraft limit. That's what happens when you have a massive birthday party. Oh Joy (don't tell Alex, he'll have a fit). That means £200 quid less to spend this month, and as my car is in for it's service and mot on Tuesday, it looks like it's beans on toast for the next month.

I am quite looking forward to doing this research, and the blog, I find it quite amusing that someone out there is actually interested in what I have to say. My mother always told me I talked too much and had an opinion on everything, but now at least I can put that to good use!

I went to the opticians yesturday. Don't get me wrong, I didn't actually have an eye test or buy anything like that. I just went in to find out how much it would all cost. Let me explain. I am as blind as a bat. I normally wear contacts as I hate wearing glasses. I have run out of contact lenses, (I normally wear weekly diposables). My son has bent my glasses out of shape. They now annoy me even more than is humanly possible. They hurt one ear and one side of my nose and they are constantly falling off my face. So I went to the local opticians to find out how much it would be to get some new contacts similar to my old ones, and they quoted me Approx £30 a month!!! That's more than twice what I was paying before at my old opticians (unfortunately they stopped doing that price plan). So hence why I am still doing Harry Potter impressions and poking my glasses with my finger every three seconds. I actually found a Nectar voucher for a free eye test at Dolland & Aitchison, with is great but it still doesn't solve the glasses/contacts dilemma. I can't afford £30 a month for contacts, and I can't afford to buy a new pair of glasses, so it looks like I'm stuck with the annoying ones for the time being.

No comments: