Saturday 25 October 2008

Receipts Three


So, more recepts from Waitrose. I think I shopped there so much, because I was waiting to do my big shop with Rachel and it just put me all over the place. I didn't have anything at home, so I kept shopping at the most expensive shop in the world!
Anyway, some more bits and bobs. Looks like the kids had a pizza for tea one night. Usually I make my own pizza bases and then add stuff to them, but I must have been in a rush, as I bought ready made pizza base, and some garlic bread. Ah I remember, the kids and I made fridge cake, so we bought mixed dried friut, butter, digestives and chocolate. Some other lunch stuff for Willow and Oscar and a recipe card holder for me. I bought this because I thought it was really good value. There is one in the Phoenix Cards catalogue that I love. It's a box and you put little cards in it, but it was £15. I bit pricey. This one from Waitrose is a ringbound book that you can stand up, so you don't have to take the cards out and they will keep clean. You get 60 in there, and also it takes an A4 sheet folded in half, so if I print reciped off the internet, which I do quite regularly, I can put them in there too! A bargain!
The other receipt was for a potato peeler which I bought as a present for my daughter. An odd gift for a seven year old you might think, but no, not really. You see she is a very helpful sort of child and likes to help out in the kitchen. She has recently discovered how easy it is to cook a roast dinner, and likes to peel the vegetables. My potato peeler unfortunately she finds very difficult to peel with, so I bought her a little novelty Y shaped peeler she can use when she helps mummy in the kitchen.

No comments: