Saturday 18 October 2008

Some You Lose

It seems there has been a spate of uselessness in our family recently, my mum also had a car accident where she pulled out of a junction in front of a car that was indicating to go down where she was coming out of and therefore would miss her, but he wasn't going down there, just pretending he was. So I really don't want to tell you this, as you are now going to make the rash assumption that everyone in my family is a bunch of morons, but I also had a car accident yesterday.

I pride myself in being the one that caused the least damage, but I did reverse into a stationary car, so that doesn't say much. But in my defence, I have never put in a fault claim in my life, and I have been driving for twenty years. It was dark, I was reversing out of a very small car park round a very large and stupidly placed skip, and reversed into a car that I was actually trying to avoid. Duh. Luckily, it belonged to someone I knew, although what luck had to do with it I have no idea, because if I was lucky I wouldn't be writing this.

Anyway, joking aside, I now have the very real problem of acquiring £250 for my excess. I have no magicians hat or pot of gold, so I guess we will be raiding the kids savings accounts again. Which means that the Christmas present money pot will be considerably smaller than it should be. My children are destined never to go to university, just because they won't ever have any money.

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Luckily I'm not religious.

Ha ha! The irony of it all.

No comments: