Saturday 25 October 2008

Shopping with Rachel and Rebecca




So this receipt is from when Rachel and Rebecca came over and quizzed me for hours, and then took me shopping. (They know how to show a girl a good time.) This is kind of my monthly shop(not weekly, I don't have time to shop every week, and besides I would spend far too much money on stuff I don't need), were I would get all my staples like breakfast cereal, tinned goods, tea, coffee, sugar etc. And then washing goods, and household cleaners. Then there are things like deoderant, shaving, shower gels and shampoos etc. Basically everything that doesn't come from the farmers market, or delivered by a man.


I must say, it is rather bizarre going to the supermarket being flanked by two young ladies. It's not the fact that to an outsider we seem so dim, it obviously takes three of us to push a trolley around the supermarket, but the seemingly unsupermarket like questions that we seem to be discussing, that raises an eyebrow or two. But hey, I've never been the shy and retiring type, so it doesn't much bother me.


Anyway, you know what I bought, and why. You were there, but here's the receipt to remind you. Oh by the way, anytime you fancy babysitting, let me know. You where both very good at occupying small ginger children. Although we have yet to test you on the slightly larger variety.

1 comment:

Research Girls said...

Hi Nicola,

Would you mind answering the following questions in your next blog:

Are you eating out more or less regularly than you were a year ago? Or the same amount?

If more or less regularly, why do you think this is?

From the following two options, would you prefer to:

(a) eat out more regularly but visit less expensive restaurants?
(b) eat out infrequently but go somewhere special when you do?

Tell us why this is?

If you are eating out less than you used to, what are you doing in that leisure time instead?

How do you feel about this change?

Anything you'd like to add about the topic above?

Thanks